General Terms and Conditions:
1. Sale subject to limited warranty. If you are buying PCBs only, then warranty extends only to bare PCBs and does not apply after components are added by you or others. Our liability shall not exceed price paid by you for the ordered PCBs. No change or addition to these terms, or any additional or different terms on your purchase order, shall be binding on us unless executed in writing by one of our officers.
2. Prices are FOB Sunnyvale in US dollars; Taxes & Shipping Charges extra as applicable.
3. This quote is only valid for 30 days unless otherwise agreed upon in writing by our representatives.
4. Payment is by Credit Card, unless credit terms have been established and agreed upon for this order.
TESTING OF PCBs:
To test the PCBs, we need customers to provide us an IPC Netlist in 356 format. If IPC Netlist is not provided in 356 format, we will create a netlist from the incoming customer Gerber files to generate an electrical test program. In such cases, we cannot guarantee, nor can we be liable for the electrical performance of the boards, since the test program itself is derived from the files submitted.
If you send us your design files in multiple formats (say, Gerbers and ODB++) it is your responsibility to ensure that the design in both formats is the same. We reserve the right to use any of the formats sent to us and will not cross-check between formats for consistency.
Terms & Conditions for PCB Assembly and Components:
1. Quote is based on RFQ Data provided at the time of this quote and is subject to change if data has changed at the time of order. We do not perform a full DFM analysis nor do we identify all the issues at the time of quoting. For turnkey quotes, the availability of components varies every day; and we do not guarantee that all the components will be readily available at the time of order without any lead-time issues.
2. Components Invoicing
PCB Fab Express sends progress invoices for components: invoices for components will be sent when PCB Fab Express has started the procurement of components for your order. Such component invoices will be on Net 0 Terms (immediately due upon receipt)
3. High value component orders: If components order is more than $15,000, we will need 50% of the components order amount paid in advance to us at the time of booking (e.g. if components are $18000, then we will need $9000 in advance before order starts).
1. Payments for all invoices will be as per terms mentioned in Quotes and Invoices. Customer shall not withhold payment against invoices already raised for any reason whatsoever, like unsatisfactory workmanship, pending rework or non-functioning boards or for any other reason. (for mitigation of these reasons, see Warranty and Limited Liability Clauses below).
2. If the payment for the Order is being done using a credit card then, by providing us a credit card number, you are also authorizing us to charge the card as per our policies.
3. Cancelled Orders: In general, you are liable for the cost of parts that have been purchased and expenses that have been incurred prior to cancelling an order.
1. Assembly Order Acceptance is not guaranteed until your account is found in good standing.
2. Order Cancellation will be subject to costs already incurred plus a minimum cancellation charge of $400.
3. Component shortages:
a) Consigned parts shortage: If regardless of shortage, customer has asked us to proceed to the assembly phase, and if customer does not send the parts within 2 days of starting the order, then we will complete all assemblies with whatever components were consigned to us,and all assemblies (including shortage assemblies) will be shipped and invoiced as per order, and the order would be deemed to be completed. Later on, if the customer ships the shortage assemblies with the shortage parts to us for rework, such rework assembly would be done by us either at no charge or at a suitable rework charge to be determined by us.
b) Turnkey parts shortage: where it is known that some parts cannot be quickly procured due to unavailability or long lead times or other reasons, and customer specifically asks us to start the job nevertheless, such assemblies (including shortage assemblies) will be shipped and invoiced as per order, and the order would be deemed to be completed. When we finally get the ordered long lead-timecomponents, customer may EITHER opt to get those parts shipped to them (in which case no additional rework is involved); OR customer may send the shortage assemblies BACK to us for completion rework (Rework Re-Shipping charges will apply).
4. Completeness of Assembly data: It is customer's responsibility to provide complete and correct assembly data, BOM in excel spreadsheet, Assembly Gerbers, assembly drawings, Special instructions if any, and XY Pick and Place Data for SMT parts. If customer is unable to provide correct XY Data, additional charges will apply.
5. Turn Time: Assembly Turn Time will start when the kit is complete AND all assembly data related issues are resolved.
6. On-Time: We may make partial shipments for your order. You order will be considered shipped on-time if at least 90% of assemblies are shipped by the due date
7. Order Completeness: Orders may be considered complete, if the quantity shipped is within +/- 5% of the original quantity. We will invoice you for the boards shipped.
ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR RAPID PROTOTYPE ASSEMBLY (RPA) ONLINE ORDERS
Any PCBs manufactured under RPA service will be made to IPC-6012 Class 2 specs and will follow RPA service guidelines/restrictions. Any other spec mentioned in your files will be disregarded.
If you are ordering using our online RPA service, where applicable, the selection you make online takes priority over what you indicate in your fab drawing or readme notes.
Example: Say for your PCB quote you choose material FR4 online, and placed an order. Now, suppose your fab drawing calls for Rogers material, we *may* then simply process your order using FR4 material, because that is what you indicated online and that is what your online quote was based on.
Our RPA online assembly labor pricing
applies to services that fall within our standard assembly processes. The online labor quote is for RIGID boards only.
Furthermore, It does not include the following:
- Assembly of Flex or Rigid-Flex boards.
- Assembly of special items like PEM nuts, Turrets Terminals, Rivets, and Press-Fit connectors.
- Special assembly processes like: Wire-Bonding, Conformal Coating, Underfills, Staking, POP assembly, wires & cables assembly.
- Assembly Rework like cutting traces, soldering wire jumpers & cables onto the boards.
When you place an online order and we notice such special items or services, we will typically put your order on hold and quickly provide you an additional quote. We will require your approval on the extra cost for such services before proceeding with your order.
FOR RAPID PROTOTYPE ASSEMBLY (RPA) ONLINE ORDERS ONLY:
If we find via-in-pad
in your PCB design, we put the PCBs through a process of via-filling to ensure high-quality assembly.
Please understand that this may add to your price and lead time, depending on complexity of your boards. A customer service team member will contact you accordingly.
SHIPPING CHARGES FOR RAPID PROTOTYPE ASSEMBLY (RPA) ORDERS
Our shipping charges shown online are for up to a 2 lb. (2 pound) package weight. If your PCB/Assembly shipment exceeds that weight we will charge appropriate additional
1. Assembly workmanship: All assembly workmanship will be as per IPC-A-610 unless otherwise directed in writing. All soldering will be using standard Tin/Lead solder in case of standard solder process assembly OR ROHS compliant solder in case of ROHS assembly and water soluble OA flux unless otherwise directed in writing.
2. ASSEMBLY WORKMANSHIP WARRANTY: We warrant each assembly for workmanship up to 30 days after shipment. In case of any unsatisfactory assembly workmanship, we will repair the assembly free of charge OR credit the quoted cost of the assembly labor at our sole discretion. Any modifications done to the assemblies by customer will nullify our warranties.
3. This warranty is also nullified on products which have been subject to misuse (including static discharge), neglect, accident or which have been altered by you and are not capable of being tested.
4. LIMITED LIABILITY-I: We are not liable for rework, repair or replacement for any faulty components supplied to us by customer or purchased by us from vendors in accordance with customer supplied BOMs.
5. LIMITED LIABILITY-II: We are neither responsible nor liable for assembled boards found non-functioning during testing by customer; we are only responsible for assembly workmanship performed as per customer supplied data.
6. LIMITED LIABILITY-III: In no case shall our liability exceed the price charged to you for the job performed by us. We are not liable for any assemblies beyond 30 days after shipment.
7. NO OTHER WARRANTY: We give no other warranty; either expressed or implied, and we specifically disclaim all other warranties, including warranties for merchantability and fitness.
8. No change or addition to these terms above, or any additional or different terms on your purchase order, shall be binding on us unless executed in writing by one of our officers.
Kitting Guidelines for components
1. Each SMT component line item must be in a single continuous tape - a minimum of 6" long cut tape / Reel / mini-reel. If not available on cut tape or reels, they must be on Trays. As a last resort they can be on Tubes
2. Each line Item must have extra quantity of components for ATTRITION during assembly process, as per the following guidelines
- Discrete SMT passives:
- 01005 size: 50% extra subject to a minimum of 100 pcs extra
- Extra components Qty should be greater of 100 pcs or 50% of the required Quantity
e.g. for 01005 size components, If Required Qty = 70, 50% extra = 35, Min Qty = 100, So Total Qty Required = 70 + max (35, 100) = 70 + 100 = 170
- 0201size: 50% extra subject to a minimum of 50 pcs extra
- Extra components Qty should be greater of 50 pcs or 50% of the required Quantity
e.g. for 0201 size components, If Required Qty = 70, 50% extra = 35, Min Qty = 50, So Total Qty Required = 70 + max (35, 50) = 70 + 50 = 120
- 0402 size: 25% extra subject to a minimum of 20 extra
- Extra components Qty should be greater of 20 or 25% of the required Quantity
- 0603 size: 15% extra subject to a minimum of 20 extra
- Extra components Qty should be greater of 20 or 15% of the required Quantity
- 0805 size: 10% extra subject to a minimum of 10 extra
- Extra components Qty should be greater of 10 or 10% of the required Quantity
- 1206 size or larger: 10% extra subject to a minimum of 5 extra
- Extra components Qty should be greater of 5 or 10% of the required Quantity
- Active Devices:
3. All Thru-hole (DIP) ICs must be supplied in trays or tubes or continuous tapes
- Component Width 0.6mm or smaller: 20% extra subject to a minimum of 20 extra
- Extra components should be greater of 20 or 20% of the required Quantity
- Component Width 0.6 - 1mm: 10% extra - subject to a minimum of 10 extra
- Extra components should be greater of 10 or 10% of the required Quantity
- Component Width 1 - 1.6mm: 10% extra subject to a minimum of 5 extra
- Extra components should be greater of 5 or 10% of the required Quantity
- Component Width 1.6 - 2mm: 5% extra subject to a minimum of 5 extra
- Extra components should be greater of 5 or 5% of the required Quantity
- Component Width Larger than 2mm: 5% extra subject to a minimum of 2 extra
- Extra components should be greater of 2 or 5% of the required Quantity
- Thru-Hole devices:
- Small Devices: 5% extra subject to a minimum of 2 extra
- Extra components should be greater of 2 or 5% of the required Quantity
- Other Devices: 2% extra subject to a minimum of 1 extra
- Extra components should be greater of 1 or 2% of the required Quantity
- Hardware (screws, nuts, washers, etc.):
- Hardware costing less than $.50: 10% extra subject to a minimum of 5 extra
- Hardware costing $.50 - $2.00: 5% extra subject to a minimum of 2 extra
- Hardware costing more than $2.00: 2% extra subject to a minimum of 1 extra
4. Insufficient attrition will be construed as parts shortage.
5. All consigned parts must be shipped to us in a properly kitted form (each line item of BOM in a separate bag, properly marked for identifying the component unambiguously).
6. Kits for multiple jobs must be in separate bags identified by appropriate assembly order number.
7. All parts must be shipped to 306 Potrero Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085.
Components must be received by 1:00 PM PST. Work will begin the following day for any board received after the cut-off time.
8. All shipments must include Order Number or Quote Number.
*All extra components subject to an additional minimum fee.